I’ve published numerous creative non-fiction pieces over the last 30 years, including two books with my students. I’ve taught creative writing in high school for the past 8 years, focusing on fiction, poetry, as well as creative non-fiction, including memoir. As a college student I wrote feature articles regularly for the Daily Californian, UC Berkeley’s award-winning student newspaper, and have taught journalism units in my English classes. Below is a list of a few of my publications.
- Let My Horse Bring Me Home: A Salubria Valley, Idaho Oral History. Written by my 8th-grade class and edited/published by me in 2017. A video excerpting the interviews accompanies the book.
- “Angus,” Gray’s Sporting Journal, August 2015. This is a chapter in a forthcoming memoir focused on bird dogs and upland hunting.
- “Habitats of the Heartland: The Uncertain Future of the Ring-necked Pheasant,” Boise Journal Fall 2001. Research-based conservation and natural resources essay.
- “Sturgeon Ahoy!” National Geographic Traveler, April 2001. Travel adventure piece about fishing for huge sturgeon in the Columbia River Gorge.
- “Roads Less Traveled,” Northern California Explore, March/April 2000. Travel piece on a California river corridor.